Best Deep Fryer of 2020: Complete Reviews with Comparison
Chances are you spend a lot of time in the kitchen. It's only fair since everybody knows all the magic happens in the kitchen.
Cooking is a tradition in some form or another in nearly every family. Everybody has their favorite home cooked meals.
We're big believers of what magic can produce in the kitchen. That being said, why reduce yourself to a stove/oven. There are many great smaller appliances that can help spice up your life.
A deep fryer is a perfect example. Who doesn't love a nice crispy and juicy chicken tender? Lets not stop there. Did you know, you can deep fry nearly anything these days?
Because we love deep fryers so much, we decided to carefully craft the ultimate guide to choosing the perfect deep fryer for your home.
Why Trust Us?
When it comes to deep frying, we feel we lead the field when it comes to overall knowledge. From the countless guides specific to deep frying to over 30 individual deep fryer reviews, we feel we know the ins and outs of deep fryers and deep frying in itself. We understand the problems people have and the questions that will arise.
Because of our vast knowledge, we understand there isn't one best deep fryer for any specific person. Everybody has a different set of priorities in terms of what they're looking for when buying a deep fryer. That's why we've split the deep fryers into the most important categories such as the best small deep fryers or the best deep fryer with oil filtration.
How to find your Perfect Deep Fryer
To better figure out what your greatest version of a deep fryer may be, we've compiled a simple list of things that you should consider.
- Size: Believe it or not, size does matter. Consider what you're making in the deep fryer as well as how many people you're trying to serve
- Detachable Parts: Note detachable parts usually mean an easier to clean experience. detachable parts are often dish washer safe. Additionally, a detachable heating element means you don't need to worry about accidentally getting the electrical parts wet when washing your deep fryer.
- Oil Filtration/Draining: Some of the more premium deep fryers offer their own oil filtration systems or drain spouts to make it easier than ever to clean your oil. It comes at a cost but provides the ultimate convenience.
- Cool Touch: These fancy deep fryers offer cool touch exteriors. While they're usually a bit bulkier and limited in oil capacity, these are the safest deep fryers to be around, if safety is a major concern for you.
- Indoor vs Outdoors: These deep fryers primarily focus on electrical indoor deep fryers. However, if you're looking for something else, there are plenty of outside propane based deep fryers.
- Fry Baskets: Fry baskets offer convenience to put in or take out food with ease. Although they take away some of the space in the deep fryer, they're typically more beneficial than not. Some fryers even come with two dual baskets for side-by-side use.
- Price: Of course everybody loves the the most expensive high quality features that exist. However, budge always needs to be considered before deciding on your purchase. If you're willing to spend, nothing is off limits. However, if you already know your price range, you may be looking at deep fryers that are cheaper for one reason or another.
For easy reference, we've provided our top five indoor deep fryers. These deep fryers excel in several categories and separate from the competition in more than one facet. Each of these top deep fryers are a perfect match for somebody. For extended info, check out our top deep fryers by category.
|Top||Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Deep Fryer||Buy Now||Simplistic, Compact, Inexpensive|
|T-fal Deep Fryer with Basket, Stainless Steel, Easy to Clean Deep Fryer, Oil Filtration, 2.6-Pound, Silver, Model FR8000||Buy Now||Oil Filtration, Sleek Stainless Steel Look, Easy to Clean|
|Cuisinart CDF-200P1 Deep Fryer, 4 Quart, Stainless Steel||Buy Now||Durable, large, Viewing Glass|
|Presto 06006 Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer||Buy Now||Versatile, Inexpensive, Compact|
|DeLonghi D44528DZ Livenza Easy Clean Deep Fryer, Silver||Buy Now||Oil Pour Spout, Clean Finish, Durable|
Best Home Deep Fryers
Here is our best selection of deep fryers on the market today. We wanted to aim for the highest overall quality deep fryers while leaving you options. We realize some of these categories can be interchangeable to some degree and in an attempt to avoid picking the same deep fryers for multiple categories, we wanted to provide choices.
If you're split on which deep fryer to choose, you can always check up above for our final top 5 choices as a tie-breaker. If you're still not sure, leave us a comment below, and we'll try give you our honest opinion over any concerns you may have.
Best Deep Fat Fryer
You can deep fry with oil or solid fats. Frying with solid fats is known as deep fat frying is very popular in the southern parts of the USA. However, if you’re deep frying from home, there aren’t any specific “deep fat fryers”. Most deep fryers can be used interchangeably with oils and solid fats. That being said, we decided to choose a very well rounded deep fryer for our best deep fat fryer.
Presto Pro Fry Deep Fryer
Why we chose the Presto Pro Fry Deep Fryer
- Overall the Presto Pro Fry deep fryer offers a very high customer satisfaction rate
- features a large sized fryer for deep fat frying with two fry baskets for versatility.
- 1800 watts (which the max amount of power for standard deep fryers)
Biggest Concern with the Presto Pro Fry Deep Fryer
We don’t have much of a concern with the quality of the deep fryer itself. However, some dual basket deep fryers also include an additional large basket to fit the fryer. This allows the user to either use one large basket or two small baskets. Everybody loves options. However this model doesn’t come up the single large basket, so you’ll have to purchase that separately if you’re interested in it.
You can check out our full review of the Presto Pro Fry Deep Fryer Here.
Best Large Deep Fryer
As we said before, size does matter. If you’re deep frying for a large crowd or simply trying to deep fry some larger foods, a large deep fryer is an absolute must. Here’s our favorite large deep fryer choice available.
KRUPS KJ502D51 Deep Fryer
Why we chose the KRUPS KJ502D51 Deep Fryer
- We just show cased a large deep fryer as our favorite deep fat fryer, so we wanted to choose something offering additional features
- Offers a completely digital display
- Offers one large frying basket and two small frying baskets
- Comes with an integrated odor filter to help reduce some of the frying odors
Biggest concerns with the KRUPS KJ502D51 Deep Fryer
The biggest short coming with this specific model is that similar to most larger deep fryers, it can be a pain in the butt to clean. Because it holds so much oil, it can be hard to pour the oil safely to clean the deep fryer properly. Bigger isn’t always better, and if you don’t need to have such a big deep fryer, you may have an easier experience cleaning your fryer.
You can check out our full review of the KRUPS KJ502D51 Deep Fryer here.
Best Small Deep Fryer
Conversely to the large deep fryer, the small deeper fryer is perfect for either small groups (1-3 people) or for smaller foods such as tots or french fries. We do review deep fryers that are even smaller than “small” in mini-fryers.
Aigostar Ken Deep Fryer
Why we chose the Aigostar Ken Deep Fryer
- We chose the Aigostar Ken Deep Fryer despite its lesser known brand name because it offers a great combination of features
- Its 1800 watts is the max amount of power found in home deep fryers. This is especially a hard find on smaller deep fryers as typically only the larger fryers offer max power. (More power in a small deep fryer only means the deep fryer should heat up quicker and maintain its temperature throughout)
- Detachable parts allow for an easy clean
Our Biggest Concern with the Aigostar Ken Deep Fryer
Overall Aigostar Ken provides customers with a high satisfaction rate. However, when people do want to complain, sometimes they’ll mention that they feel the stainless steel structure is too thin and feels a bit on the cheap side.
You can check out our full review of the Aigostar Ken Deep Fryer Here.
Best Mini Deep Fryer
Maybe a standard size deep fryer is even too big for you. We’re looking at people that may live by themselves, may be new to deep frying, or simply can’t afford anything large and extravagant. Here’s our best mini deep fryer for all your mini deep frying needs.
T-Fal FF492D Mini Deep Fryer
Why we chose the T-Fal FF492D Mini Deep Fryer
- If mini is truly your goal, this is roughly as small as you’re going to get. Anything smaller and you may lose some practicality out of it.
- Offers similar features to most deep fryers including a temperature gauge, on and off lights, and a fry basket.
- Push button to open lid
Biggest Concern with the T-Fal FF492D
Even though this deep fryer is extremely small, we feel it should offer more than 850 watts. It simply doesn’t always heat up as quickly as you think it should, which can be a bit annoying, especially at first. We believe you can find better options when it comes to deep frying for around the same price, although we never truly believed in the idea of a “mini” deep fryer to begin with.
You can check out our full review of the T-Fal FF492D deep fryer here.
Best Premium/Expensive Deep Fryer
If you want the absolute best, then the premium deep fryer is for you. These deep fryers aren’t simply expensive just because. Instead, they provide strong construction and unique features to set them apart from their competition. We could’ve chosen a deep fryer at an even higher cost, but we still had to strongly consider its overall features and durability. Here is our choice for the best premium deep fryer available.
T-Fal FR8000 Deep Fryer
Why we chose the T-Fal FR8000 Deep Fryer
- We opted with the T-Fal FR8000 over popular “premium” brands such as All-Clad because we felt the T-Fal model offered everything you could possibly need.
- Features include removable parts, stainless steel sleek design, decent size at 3.5 liters, and a nice lid with a see-through panel.
- Truly what helps this deep fryer stand out is that it’s one of the only available models that can filter and store your oil. This keeps your oil clean and allows your to clean your deep fryer in the easiest way possible.
Biggest Concern with the T-Fal FR8000
Oddly enough, the biggest problem with the T-Fal FR8000 isn’t with the deep fryer itself, but with customer service. When you’re buying a premium product, you simply expect a little more in return. That being said, even the perfect product will cause an occasional issue for at least a few customers. If you purchase anything from T-Fal, you’re not going to get much in return with their lacking customer service team.
You can check out our full review of the T-Fal FR8000 deep fryer here.
Best Cheap/affordable Deep Fryer
We truly hate the word cheap. It offers such a negative connotation to a product. Do you want a “cheap” product or a product that is affordable? Yes, if you’re spending less money, you’re either getting one hell of a deal of buying a product that may offer a bit less than the competition. We tried to find the best overall deep fryer that didn’t feel cheap but instead may have given up something here or there.
Presto 06003 and 06006 Deep Fryer/Multi Cooker
Why we chose the Presto 06003/06006
- For the money, you’re simply not going to find a better value. It can switch interchangeably as a deep fryer and a steam cooker. Its basically two small appliances for the price of one.
- Still offers a temperature setter, fry basket, and lid like any other deep fryer.
- Relatively large compared to most deep fryers
- The difference between the 06003 and 06006 models is simply the size of the unit. The 06006 model offers five quart capacity. The 06003 model is slightly larger at a six quart capacity.
Biggest Concerns with the Presto 06003 and 06006 Models
The biggest downfall with this product is that unlike most deep fryers, these models come as one connected piece. This can make things a bit harder to clean as you’ll have to be careful around the electrical components.
You can check out our full comparison review of the Presto 06003 and 06006 here.
Best Portable Deep Fryer
While I’m not sure if there is a deep fryer truly designed to be portable, there are plenty of deep fryers that are compact in size and easy to carry due to handles. While they’re likely meant to be easy to move from the counter-top to a storage area, they essentially become portable.
|Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Deep Fryer||Prime||Buy Now|
|Presto 06003 Options Electric Multi-Cooker/Steamer||Prime||Buy Now|
Why we went with these two Presto Deep Fryers
This was a tough category for us to consider, especially given all the great deep fryers we’ve already provided. That being said, it made the most sense to go with two options we’ve already chosen from other categories.
Ultimately, we believe the Presto Fry Daddy is the ultimate portable deep fryer. It can be used inside or outside very easily. Overall, it can be carried with a single hand with its bucket style handle. All you’ll need is the deep fryer and the cord. There is no detachable parts or fry basket. You could easily take the Presto Fry Daddy camping with ease with its portability.
However, if you want a portable deep fryer with a basket, we would recommend the Presto 06003/06006. We’ve already talked about how it can be used as a combo appliance with it being a deep fryer and steamer. It offers handles on its side and is a one-piece deep fryer. Additionally, most deep fryers have a rectangle type shape. The Presto 06003/06006 multi-cooker offers a round shape, making it a bit more balanced and easier to move around.
Best Stainless Steel Deep Fryer
Due to its sleek look and often sturdy design, stainless steel has become a big time player in nearly everything in your kitchen. From small appliances to large, some of the most popular appliances are constructed out of stainless steel. That being said, here’s our favorite stainless steel deep fryer that offers all the benefits we just listed above.
Cuisinart CDF-200P1 Deep Fryer
Why we chose the Cuisinart CDF-200P1 Deep Fryer
- Unlike some of Cuisinart’s deep fryer models, this is the rare hit. It’s constructed with a very light stainless steel look.
- Its detachable parts and enameled interior pot make for an extremely easy clean
- It comes in a range of sizes ranging from 2 quarts all the way up to 5 liters. Size simply isn’t an issue.
- Its 1800 watts offers maximum power.
Our Biggest Concern with the Cuisinart CDF-200P1 Deep Fryer
Here’s yet another perfect example of a pretty highly regarded product being offered by a manufacturing team that puts little effort into the customer service. Similar to T-Fal, if you have any problems with your device, you really shouldn’t expect any feasible help from the company itself.
You can check out our full review of the Cuisinart CDF-200P1 deep fryer here.
Best Rated Deep Fryer
For the best “rated” deep fryer we could’ve gone another of ways. Do we look at overall customer ratings from across multiple merchants? How about purchase frequency? There are about a dozen ways to spin this into a different answer, but overall we felt a combination of quality and quantity measures was the best way. In that sense, this deep fryer has been around for ages. It’s a bit on more on the simple size, but it’s extremely popular because of its simplicity and affordability.
Presto Fry Daddy Deep Fryer
Why we chose the Presto Fry Daddy Deep Fryer
- Something becomes the best rated product in a specific field because of its quality ratio to its price. The cheaper something is while maintaining its quality/value, the more popular something becomes. Of course, there are many other factors including reputation, marketing and much more.
- The Fry Daddy is the top rated deep fryer simply because of its simple design has lasted the test of time. Its reputation precedes itself.
- Because it offers no fry basket, it really utilizes the space within the deep fryer.
- Snap on lid makes it easier and safer to store oil
- Handle can be lifted with one hand, allowing it to be possibly the most portable deep fryer on the market (when not full of oil).
Biggest Concerns with the Presto Fry Daddy
We have two primary concerns with the Fry Daddy that may turn people away. First off, it utilizes a slotted large scoop to put in and take out its food. It’s simply not as convenient as a fry basket. Secondly, the lid is more for storage basis. When deep frying, its advised to leave the lid off. This could be a turn off for some, as it could produce more odors compared to a deep fryer with a lid. Despite these concerns, there’s a reason the Fry Daddy is so popular, and our top rated deep fryer. Sadly, it’s simply not for everybody.
You can check out our full review of the Presto Fry Daddy here.
Best Cool Touch Deep Fryer
A cool touch deep fryer is unique because its exterior is cool to the touch. Crazy to think about considering the temperature of oil can reach 375°F. We personally like to stay away from these deep fryers because they can be complicated to clean and bulk up in size very easily. It’s not a great trade off for a cool touch exterior. However, we feel even these deep fryers aren’t completely safe, so adding the extra safety element isn’t worth the headache. That being said, if you have kids that love to peak their curiosity, maybe you’d disagree. Here’s our best cool touch deep fryer and the exception to the rule that cool touch deep fryers are a pain.
Hamilton Beach Cool-Touch Deep Fryer
Why we chose the Hamilton Beach Cool Touch Deep Fryer
The biggest reasons we prefer the Hamilton Beach model over other cool touch models is because it fights the grain of what most cool touch deep fryers become.
- It’s super easy to clean compared to most cool touch deep fryers. Its removable non-stick interior makes it super easy to clean. Better yet, the lid is even detachable in case that starts to get a little grimy.
- It has some added safety features compared to most fryers because it has the capability of lifting food out of the oil before you even have to open the lid. This helps reduce oil spilling and splashing for the cleanest experience possible.
Biggest Concern with the Hamilton Beach Cool Touch Deep Fryer
While this is our favorite cool touch deep fryer, it still defaults with the bulky appearance. As with any cool touch deep fryer, you’re likely paying a little more for a deep fryer that offers a little less capacity. Its simply the trade off you have to be willing to make with a cool touch deep fryer.
You can check out our full review of the Hamilton Beach Cool Touch Deep Fryer here.
Best Deep Fryer with Oil Filtration
When it comes to deep frying, sometimes you simply want the easiest possible outcome. Whats easier than self filtrated oil without extra work? If you’re going to properly filtrate your oil after each use, it includes pouring it into a separate container as well as finite straining. Its simply too big of a pain for most. This is exactly why deep fryers with self oil filtration were invented to begin with. Here’s our top rated oil filtration capable deep fryer.
Delonghi D44528DZ livenza easy clean Deep Fryer
This was one of the toughest categories to choose from. When it comes to oil filtration, there are usually two possible systems. There’s the system that filtrates oil through to a new container located underneath the deep fryer. That’s exactly what the T-Fal FR8000 does, and we’ve given that deep fryer the prize of best premium deep fryer.
The other way a deep fryer can help filtrate oil is by offering a oil drain spout. This is simply a spout at the bottom of the deep fryer that when turned on, lets out all the oil. Think of it like a giant gatorade cooler with a spout. It simply makes it to where you don’t have to try and turn a deep fryer sideways to dump the oil. Its easy, and the oil comes out in a very small diameter, ensuring its mess free.
Because some deep fryers with oil filtration can skyrocket with price, we tried to find a solution that more people may be willing to pay.
Overall we feel this DeLonghi deep fryer model is sleek, easy to clean, dishwasher safe, powerful, and even offers unique ways to sort out some of the bigger particles from the food. Its definitely one of the better deep fryers on the market today.
You can check out our full review of the Delonghi D44528DZ deep fryer here.
We hope we’ve helped you with determining what deep fryer may be perfect for you. Before we get into our final thoughts, we just wanted to bring you some very helpful guides that you may be interested in. These will prove extra beneficial if you’re new to deep fryer.
Top Deep Fryer guides
- How to Clean a Deep Fryer
- How to Eliminate Deep Fryer Odors
- Best Oil for Deep Frying: Complete Guide
- How Long Does Oil Last in a Deep Fryer?
- 6 Tips to keep your Deep Fried Foods Extra Crispy
There are at least 100 deep fryers (some no longer being manufactured) to choose from. Oddly enough, there isn’t always a ton of ways for the competition to separate themselves. That leads you looking at deep fryer after deep fryer, becoming more confused the more you look at. We recommend finding the right priorities for your deep fryer. What’s important to you really does matter. From a deep fryer’s price point to its unique features, you should know what you’re looking for before you even begin your search. That’s exactly why we split up all of the best deep fryers into select categories. Each category is hand crafted because it fills a need for somebody. We hope we’ve helped you find the perfect deep fryer for you. If you have a personal favorite and want to share your insight with everybody, please leave a comment down below.